Sunday, August 30, 2009

James 1:17

Here are the highlights of the day (because i'm exhausted and necesito dormir!)
1. orientation at the Institute with victor.
2. talked to mi mejor amigo on skype!
3. Lindsay, Colito and I explored the Insitute.
4. Found a river, bamboo forest, ants, trails, flowers, and fruit. was reminded of the spectacular ways in which God manifests His glory.
5. Made friends with a dog with purple spots, that likes lemons.
6. climbed a big tree to get to the treehouse, by myself! (i'm becoming a climber... mattie and kristen!)
7. climbed back down the tree, by myself. jajaja! it was a personal victory. gracias a Dios!
8. spent time with Rebecca (my new american friend) and Sebastian (one of the grandson's of my family) at Sebastian's house.
9. took a nap with Abby or Abbita (as i call her), the little puppy of Sebastian, who slept on me for the afternoon while it rained outside.
10. took my first (cold!) costa rican shower.
11. saw the Light of Christ in the eyes of mi "abuela" (grand mother) as she and Rebecca and I ate dinner together.
12. watched an english movie with spanish subtitles. (lo siento senora, pero, i did learn some new words!)
13. experienced the joy of the Lord when I met my two younger sisters, Danna (10) and Samantha (5). absolutely radiant children.

Every good and perfect gift comes from God. (james 1:17-18). let us give thanks for the ways that He continually blesses us with good and perfect things- dogs that like lemons, defeat of fear, wonderful friends, beautiful children, "birth through the word of truth", and the gift of Salvation. Our God truly is an AWESOME God. buenos noches! tomorrow is the first day of classes... more spanish!

be blessed, my dear friends and loved ones.
i love you all dearly and am praying for you now.
vaya con Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment