Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unify.

I find myself again, in complete awe of the love of Christ.

Let's just soak that in for a second... we believe in a God that loves us and pours His joy out into our lives everyday. We serve THAT God! Hallelujah!

There is a song by Hillsong United called "Unify" and it just describes it exactly:

"The whole earth falls to it's knees at the sound of Your Beautiful Name, and all the voices in the world unify today to bring You this song of praise!

This weekend was one of the most pivotal times I have had here. In my volunteer work at the Comedor, I met a family that goes to an evangelical church in Santa Barbara, really close to here. They invited me to come with them and so Sunday morning I got up, got ready and then took the bus into S.B. I was supposed to meet them on the bus, but they weren't there, and so when I got to the city I just stood and waited for a loooong time. I was standing next to the Catholic Church, thinking to myself "Well, I guess I could just go to the Catholic Church, but I'm not Catholic... Dear God, please help me find Jorge!"

No less than 6 seconds later, Jorge comes walking across the street. My goodness God is good.
We walked to the church and he introduced me to a mountain of wonderful, Costa Rican people that were just beaming. There is a spirit of hospitality here that is just amazing.

The service started and I was glad to see a praise band made up of young people. I was reminded of all the time I spent in praise band and it was neat to be lead in worship by people my own age. The first chords of the first song started and I almost began to cry, they were playing "Come Now Is The Time To Worship", in Spanish. If that's not a call to open up your heart, I don't know what is. It was in that moment as if God had just reached down His arms and wrapped them around me... I knew the song and I could worship. They also played "Trading My Sorrows" and "Open the Eyes of My Heart", songs I've known since I was a child.

Whats amazing is that I have prayed, before I got here, and for the 9 weeks we have been here, to find a church family, and while we only have a very short time here, God provided in an incredible way. I then spent the morning in a young adult sunday school class, talking about Matthew 28, the Great Commission. The youth pastor is a young guy with a wonderful gift for presenting the truth of the gospel to young people in a way that makes so much sense and restores hope for this generation. We had a great talk about what it means to live for Christ, to share Him with others and to know the truth.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow. He is an amazing God, loving toward all He has made and jealous for our hearts. In HIS time, HE provides.

Please be encouraged and in whatever you're going through, wherever you are, however you feel, nothing can steal your joy because "the Lord is near." (phillipians 4:5) and "if God is for us, who can be against us?" We truly are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (romans 8)

I am praying for the revelation of Christ in this generation, in this place.

thank you for your prayers and for believing that God is faithful to do the things He has promised. Oh how He loves us... that is amazing.

His named be praised for how awesome He is!

No comments:

Post a Comment